Saturday, October 16, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms Redux

Since I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days (strep, bronchitis and a sinus infection) I haven't eaten much. Ice cream sounds good but not much else and since I don't have ice cream and everything I've tried to eat makes my throat hurt even more I just haven't eaten much.

This evening, though, I started craving mushrooms. Stuffed mushrooms in particular. So I dragged myself into the kitchen and made a batch. Fortunately, they only take a few minutes to make so I managed to get a batch of five made and I even managed to eat all five of them. Wonder of wonders!

Of course, they're so nice to look at and so tasty to eat but I was surprised that eating them didn't hurt my throat. Not much, anyway. Drinking water makes it feel like lava is sliding down it so go figure.

Anyway, here's a picture of the mushrooms I just made a bit ago.

Aren't they scrumptious looking?

I used the same recipe I always use but instead of turkey bacon I browned two tiny beef sausages, cut into very small pieces and I used red onion instead of green.

So yeah, next time you feel like the fires of hell have taken up residence in your throat, try this.

No comments: