Monday, October 18, 2010

October 17th - 23rd Menu



Thanks to those of you who emailed me to make sure I was following last week's menu. I did really well with it until I got started feeling sick on Friday and from then it was downhill! It was nice to hear from y'all though.

I'm still sick with strep throat, bronchitis, and a sinus infection so I haven't eaten much the last three days. I'm improving and assuming that trend continues I plan to have a pretty good food week. If it doesn't continue, I'll just roll all or most of this menu over to next week.

Right now the refrigerator has leftover sticky chicken that needs to be eaten so a couple of dinners will use that. I also have some leftover vegetable soup that I'll probably eat for lunch at work one day.

Tonight I'll have a fajita using a homemade egg wrap rather than a tortilla but will have all the trimmings with it - bell pepper, onion, guacamole and homemade pico de gallo.

The rest of the week I'll have, in no particular order:

Homemade chunky chicken vegetable soup with a flax muffin

Stir fried steak and vegetables with a little wild rice

Breakfast meatballs with scrambled eggs and spinach

Vodka sauce chicken & vegetables with a salad

Leftover night when I finish off whatever's haunting the refrigerator.

If you like to plan your menu or if you want to plan but aren't sure where to start, come on over to Menu Plan Monday and see what Laura and the others have cooking. There are some great recipes to be found there and the folks are happy to answer menu planning questions.

No comments: