Monday, February 22, 2010

February 21st - 27th Menu

MPM
This week's menu isn't particularly exciting (is mine ever??) but it's thrifty and low in carbs. For the most part. Last night, Sunday, we went to Wingstop and I indulged in garlic parmesan wings and a few of their addictive fries. My insulin dose must have been right on, though, because two hours after eating, my blood sugar was 84. And this morning my FBG was 95. Woot! The addition of Lantus to my insulin regimen helps a lot, too. It's been five days since I've been back on Lantus and my blood sugar is so much better it's amazing.

On to this week's eats!

So, tonight for dinner we're having roasted chicken, a nice salad, and steamed spinach. I don't get off until 6 PM so it will be a late-for-us dinner but a good one.

The rest of the week we'll have, in no particular order:

Chicken salad sandwiches/lettuce leaf wraps made with leftover roasted chicken

Zucchini lasagna with salad, Carbquick bread sticks, and steamed green beans

Hearty vegetable soup with the remaining bread sticks

Meat loaf, salad, and zucchini and red pepper "fries"

YOYO (You're On Your Own) night when we dig through the fridge eating leftovers

And that's it for this coming week's dinners. For more great menu ideas, visit Laura's Menu Plan Monday and jump right in.

Have a great week and enjoy your food!

No comments: