Monday, June 22, 2009

When menu planning just doesn't work out...

we have to roll with the punches. Sometimes we plan and things just don't work out as we'd hoped. Take today for instance. I'd wanted to make the crustless beef pie tonight from leftover roast and vegetables. But I worked a long shift today and was exhausted when I got home. My head hurt, my feet hurt, and I was so hot and sweaty and just needed to have some peace, quiet, and air conditioning. The last thing I wanted to do was make that pie so instead I baked a bunch of Market Pantry brand chicken wings and we ate those. And nothing but those. Healthy or balanced? Nope. Easy? Oh yeah! And not too expensive, either, and certainly cheaper than eating out.

So don't feel too bad if your menu planning doesn't always work out as you planned. Things happen. Kids get sick, emergencies come up, we just get tired, etc. Do the best you can and keep a few things on hand for those nights. Extra meatloaf from the freezer works well as do spaghetti, goulash, and other such dishes. And Market Pantry brand chicken wings rock...

2 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

I try to keep a couple of easy things, like your chicken wings, just for days like this.

CookinsForMe said...

That's the way to do it, Annie. Be prepared, right? :)