Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another week's menus

So here it is..time for Menu Plan Monday again. I so look forward to this and miss it when I don't partake! It's great incentive to plan my week's menu but it's also nice to see what others are eating. I get some great ideas from their menus and they help me work a little variety into ours.

I'm off tomorrow and hope to spend more time with my oldest son before he heads back to Austin. In light of that, dinner will be something that needs very little attention - slow cooked chili. We'll have salad with it and DH will probably have crackers, too. Some of the leftovers will more than likely land in one of my bento boxes. There's no need to throw away a small spoon of something when you have a bento box. Leftovers, even little dabs of them, are perfect for filling it!

The rest of the week we'll have, in no particular order except for when leftovers are used:

Pressure cooked spicy chicken with garlic green beans and salad

Chicken salad made with leftover chicken. DH will more than likely have his as a sandwich and I'll put mine in lettuce and top it with homemade pico de gallo.

Meat crust pizza with salad and steamed broccoli

Ahi tuna steaks seasoned with garlic pepper, served with salad and brussels sprouts

Slow cooked flat cut brisket with a few new potatoes, carrots, and cabbage

As you can see, most of the meals are very low in carbs and when carbs are involved, there just aren't many of them. It's working to control my blood sugar and help me lose weight so I'm keeping at it!

If you haven't participated in Menu Plan Monday but are interested in menu planning, give it a shot. I think you'll be glad you did. :)

No comments: