Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tonight's dinner & a little grocery shopping

I got home from work about 6:00 PM and was very hungry so I ate the beef roast, vegetables and gravy I'd taken for lunch and hadn't had time to eat. DH shared it with me then we went to Wal-Mart to get our free redbox rental. While there we bought a few groceries, about $19 worth. We decided that tomorrow night's dinner will be the gravy leftover from the roast with a little bit of the meat cut up into it, served over wild rice and with a salad and green beans. It won't be quite meatless but will be very close and will be both tasty and frugal.

I'm off tomorrow and don't go back to work until 2:45 Thursday so I'll probably make the slow cooked smoked chicken Thursday. If I get it started early I can take some to work to eat during my lunch break. So, that's my plan.

2 comments:

Green Tea & Kimchee said...

Slow cooked smoked chicken? Slow cooked in a smoker?

Been eating a lot of pasta, maybe because that seems like summer. Haven't fired up the grill yet, though.

CookinsForMe said...

Mother Superior, it's slow cooked in a slow cooker. And it really isn't smoked - it just tastes like it! :)

I season well a whole chicken with garlic, freshly ground black pepper and a little salt and throw it in the slow cooker with about 2 Tablespoons of Liquid Smoke and cook it all day.

It makes great chicken!