Monday, June 27, 2011

June 26th - July 2nd Menu


The carb counting plan I've been on for almost a month is still working like a charm so I'm going to continue it. My blood sugar is rarely under 75 or over 110 and for me those are fantastic numbers. It's been weeks since I've had a middle of the night hypo and I've had only two day time episodes, both when I shot for 30 grams of carbs and ate only about 15. Ooops! Two hypos in a month is excellent, though, so I'm encouraged. I've gained back a little of the weight I'd lost but since increasing my exercise the weight is leaving again. It looks as though I'll just have to exercise regularly, like it or not. Go figure!

This week I have quite a bit of time off so trying new recipes is in the works. I've picked a few that sound delicious and fairly easy so the plan is to make those and post the recipes and pictures separately.

And on to this week's menu. Last night I didn't eat because I was very full and tired from the weekend. My sisters came in from Dallas and yesterday at Mom's we prepared a turkey roast with gravy, asparagus, pea salad, spicy pinto beans, and cherry cobbler and I had some of each. When I got home I couldn't even think of food and had to force myself to choke down a yogurt before bed.

Tonight's dinner will be chicken wings with caramelized onions and mushrooms, half an ear of corn, and a tossed salad. Connie prepared and brought 10 pounds of wings to Mom's house so I snagged enough for at least two meals this week. She made three kinds of wings - hot, barbecue, and cheese and all are delicious!

The rest of the week I'll have, in no particular order:

Marinated and grilled rib eye steak, the remaining half ear of corn, and grilled vegetables

Pico de Gallo Chicken Quesadillas with cold black bean salad

Chicken Alfredo with a bit of pasta, tossed salad, and steamed asparagus

A big salad with toasted tomato and cheese baguette

Dinner out one night

So that's it for this week's eats. Join Laura and the crew at Menu Plan Monday and share what's on your plate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I found your blog while researching dehydrating beef.
I also have grown children and live in East Texas (near Crockett).

Leslie
texasleslie@gmail.com

CookinsForMe said...

Thanks for stopping by Leslie my sorta kinda neighbor! ;)

Do you have a blog?