Saturday, February 13, 2010

A few pictures of the very recent snow!

I still need to post the second batch of pictures from my trip to Austin but this blog is interrupted for an entry on east Texas weather. We don't get many 'winter wonderland' scenes here in east Texas but we did get a few Thursday. Dallas, which is about 120 miles to the West, got record breaking amounts of snow and we got 4 to 6 inches in a lot of places but I don't think we broke records. At any rate, we did get a lot and here are a few pictures.

Anyway, for those of you who live in areas with a lot of snow this might not seem like a lot but to us it's pretty amazing!

And here we go.

Before the sun is up
The sign in our shop parking lot.

Trees across the road
The trees across from the back of the office.

Loop 281 2-11-2010
This is a picture of the road right outside our office.

Loop 281 2-11-2010
And another picture of that same road.

Behind the office
The empty parking lot and trees across the road from the back of the office.

The school behind our office
The school behind our office is very quiet!

Me pointing to our office sign
And finally, me pointing to the sign for our shop.

And here are a few pictures I took on the way to work and in the parking lot at work.
So pretty!

More pretty!
Poor little tree!
Poor little tree! Too much snow did it in.

Ahh, so that's our 'winter wonderland' 2010 review. Hope you enjoyed it. ;)

4 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

Yes, I'm sure this is a lot of snow for you all! Unfortunately, for me that typical. LOL!

I'm laughing over the baby steps you took to get to the sign, Denise! It looks like you took inch by inch ever so cautiously. I can see your prints in the snow!

One of the reasons that crime rates drop (such as burglary) during the snowy season in our area - you leave tracks! LOL!

CookinsForMe said...

Ha ha, Laurie I took very tiny steps! I've slid and fallen on snow and don't like it one bit so I was very cautious, indeed!

How is your weather there now?

Laurie and Bill said...

Actually we dodged the 'big storm' that the mid-atlantic got. We've had small accumulations of an inch or two each day. So nothing too bad for us!

I am really wanting Spring though! I'm so very tired of winter at this point.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least for now. said...

I love your blog (chatted with ya on Pantry Challenge) I signed up to follow ya!