Saturday, January 2, 2010

January recipes to try

For a long time now (think years) I've had a list of recipes to try. I keep meaning to get around to making them but you know how it is - with work and other things going on in my life, I don't get to it. Oh, I try new recipes often but not the ones I've had for ages! Some of them now are in the "don't try" list simply because they're too high in carbs or our tastes have changed and they don't appeal to us anymore, but the list of ones to try is still very long.  And I've decided that this year I'm going to start working to reduce that list.

Just like like going to the gym and being careful about my diet are priorities, trying new recipes will be a priority. So, one of my goals for 2010 is to try at least two new recipes a month and write a blog entry about each. I'll more than likely exceed two most months but two new recipes a month is a reasonable and easily attainable goal.

Here are the two I've picked for January:

Edith Bristow's Baked Onions and Farmhouse Beef Casserole

Neither of these has long been in my "try this soon" file but both sound quite tasty and easy so I'll start with them. When I try them, I'll post the original recipe, any changes made to it, and photos. It should be interesting!

Keep watching for more on this!

No comments: