Monday, December 28, 2009

December 27 - January 2 Menu

It's been a long time since I participated in Menu Plan Monday and I've missed it! I'll try to be more consistent about blogging and I hope others will try to give me input on menus and posts. ;)

So, last night was a YOYO (You're On Your Own) night because I worked until 6:30 and the Cowboys game was about to start when I got home. I had some Dreamfields pasta cooked in beef broth with a little stewed tomato and garlic and the man person had a sandwich made with some of the barbecued chicken I prepared yesterday. The meal wasn't particularly exciting but it was cheap, hot, filling, and very good while watching the Cowboys game.

Tonight we're having garlic baked salmon with steamed carrots and salad. And on New Year's Day we'll have black eyed peas, cabbage and fish of some sort for lunch.

The rest of the week we'll have, in no particular order:

Roast beef slow cooked with sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions, served with tossed salad

Open face roast beef sandwiches (made with leftover roast beef) and green beans

Vegetable beef soup using the last of the cooked roast and vegetables

Sticky Chicken cooked with fresh green beans and served with salad

Homemade chicken pot pie (using Carbquick to make the crust), salad, and steamed spinach

And that's it for this week, tasty, nutritious, and thrifty food!

Happy eating, y'all, and don't forget to check out MPM for more great menu ideas.

1 comment:

Jolie said...

All of those meals sound delicious! If only Northern Canada weren't so far from Texas!