Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday lunch and doings

Yesterday was a long and somewhat stressful day for me but I slept well last night and woke up feeling a little better this morning. Yesterday I woke with the blood glucose at 103, which isn't bad, but the doings of the day kept it hovering around 130 most of the time. This morning it was 102 when I woke up and its been around 113 all day.
bento, low carb
Here's the bento I made for work lunch today. The top tier has salad and sugar snap peas and the bottom tier has roasted chicken with a panda bottle of liquid smoke. It was very delicious!

Again it doesn't quite fit bento standards but its my version and it works! :)

We just had dinner. DH had a sandwich made with leftover beef roast and I had sauerkraut and a beef bratwurst. It was filling, easy and very low in carbs.

2 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

That's the cutest little panda bottle! I love your bento boxes. They are such a great idea!

Again, I'm hoping that your sugar levels even out!

CookinsForMe said...

Laurie, thanks! I love the panda bottle, too. I have six of them, I think, different animals and they're all precious. Making the bento lunches is really helping me control my eating. It's amazing!