Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wow, I'm off this weekend :)

They're trying to rotate weekends off at my job and this weekend its my turn to be off. Yaaay! Unfortunately, we're a little short handed and I wouldn't be surprised if I get called in. If so, I'll survive but I do hope they don't call me. I have plans to cook and clean - how relaxing is that?

*I just got back from work*. I did get called in and worked for two hours and fifteen minutes. So much for my weekend off!

I've been reading a lot about The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 because we're trying to figure out if and how it might affect the eyeglass repair business. We've printed all 62 pages of the law but its so convoluted that making sense of it is nigh on impossible. Anyway, that's one of the things I'll work on this weekend.

I also plan to do some cooking, of course. We had our swiss steak like stuff made with the leftover tenderized steak served over brown rice. DH said it was "okay" but he isn't a fan of anything with tomato based sauce. I thought it was pretty good! Later we had hot and barbecued chicken wings as a snack. They were scrumptious. I'm not sure what I'll cook this weekend but I need to make the menu for the coming week and get that posted.

First things first, though. Laundry this morning! Tonight's dinner will be a new recipe for us. It's a low carb pizza recipe, one that doesn't have any 'weird' ingredients in it. Check back tonight as I'll write about it and have pictures.

5 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

Here's hoping that you don't have to go back into work again this weekend!

I'm staying close to home today too. I'm baking big time! It's just that kind of weather here. Cold, snow, more cold, more snow, even more cold and even more snow!

Roxi said...

I really don't like to be called into work on my days off. I have a really bad schedule most of the time. I am supposed to have sundays and mondays off, BUT this sunday I have to work from 12-4 p.m. I think that it is really retarded to be there for less than 5 or 6 hours. So take care and we will talk to you later. Roxi

CookinsForMe said...

Laurie, do you have pictures of that snow? I love looking at pictures of it. :) Probably because we see so little of it!

Roxi, well know you aren't alone in having to work on days off. ;) It does stink!

Laurie and Bill said...

I'll have to snap a few pics and post them on my blog in the next day or two. We've been getting pounded.

It does look pretty, but I'm so tired of it...I don't like driving in it, in fact, I don't like going out in it at all.

CookinsForMe said...

I've never lived anywhere that it snowed a lot (not even Germany) so I don't know what its like to be tired of it. I can imagine, though! Do let me know if you put pictures on your blog, though. :)