Wednesday, December 3, 2008

LIFE with Google

I used to jokingly say Wal-Mart was the new world order. When eBay came along, I said they were the new world order. And about three years ago I started referring to Google as the new world order. I think I'll stick with Google.

They've brought us some amazingly easy to use apps and have simplified searching so that we actually find. Whether its pictures or text, Google is the first place I go. And now they've started digitizing the photos of LIFE magazine's photo archive. Most of the photos were never published but now we can see them, thanks to LIFE and Google.

Being a great fan of LIFE, this thrills me. I've spent a lot of time perusing the photos online, especially the 1930s photos and those of Vietnam. Just for fun, I did a search using the term "cooking procedures source:life" and got 43 images of cooking procedures.

To find photos from LIFE magazine, just add "source:life" to any Google image search.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

awesome! I'll have to try that. Oh, I know lots of good photos from Life.
And, btw, Thank you for stopping by...and helping me with my struggle to understand I & II Samuel - King David! Augh! I am re-reading the lessons, too. The light bulb is about to flick on...I just know it!
Stop by again sometime. :o)

CookinsForMe said...

Well, our human conception of David isn't what YHWH's is apparently. ;) And you're very welcome!