Friday, November 21, 2008

Tonight's dinner was fantastic!

Because we ate dinner out. ;) We went to El Sombrero, one of our favorite restaurants, and I had Carne Con Hongos, tender slices of beef with onions and mushrooms and served with beans, guacamole salad, and flour tortillas. To help keep the carb count under control, I ate only a small amount of beans and none of the tortillas but the meal was still delicious and filling.

I think I can reproduce (or get mighty close) the beef, mushroom, and onion dish with the carne picada I have in the fridge and am thinking of doing just that in the morning. If I'm successful I'll take it to work with me. What a nice lunch that will be! I still have the top sirloin in the fridge to cook so it will go in the slow cooker in the morning and DH can have that for lunch and again for dinner if he wants.

I work from 11 to 6 or later tomorrow and work 7:30 to 3 on Sunday. No weekend relaxation for me but I got that last weekend and don't mind working. I'm off Monday and will more than likely cook and do laundry that day. So much for a day off, huh?

Okay, it's only a little after 7 but I'm tired so off to bed I go.

No comments: