Monday, November 17, 2008

More Monday Stuff...

I went to the dentist this morning and had that darned tooth extracted. It just burns me up that I've spent so much money on one tooth and ended up having it removed. My mouth is sore but hopefully that's the end of the extreme pain. I missed work today because of it but have to open tomorrow, no choice.

I've been reading about Shirataki noodles. Jimmy Moore, of Livin' La Vida Low Carb did a great review of these nifty noodles and what he wrote helped convince me to give them a shot. Today I found an Asian market here that sells the plain ones for $1.59 for an 8 ounce bag. I'm going to buy a bag of them and also try to find a local seller of the Tofu Shirataki noodles. A lot of people feel that the noodles with tofu have a better texture and flavor. I want to try both and see which one I prefer. If you have any experience, good or bad, with these noodles, please let me know. They seem like a nice alternative to most carb laden noodles and I'd love to be able to have noodle dishes again!

No comments: