Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall is almost here! Cool front moves through

Last night we had a cool front move through and the temperature dropped quite a lot. It should warm up today and the next few days will be warmer but certainly not hot. Yaaaay, Fall is just about here!

The menu plan for this week hasn't panned out as I thought it would. Tuesday night we went out for Mexican food and last night we were running late for our first night at a new church (a customer showed up right as we were closing) so we grabbed something on the way. The best laid plans of mice and men, right?

I'll cook tonight, though. I get off work at 4:00 and taco soup sounds really good to me but DH isn't mood for that. He likes the idea of meat loaf for supper so I'll probably make turkey meat loaf, salad, and spinach or green beans. I might make two loaves, one for the freezer. And I hope there are leftovers tonight so I can make a meat loaf sandwich to eat for lunch at work on Friday. Talk about comfort food!

I get bored with ground turkey and ground beef and keep my eyes open for new recipes using those, especially soup recipes. So, if you have a recipe that would be good with ground beef or ground turkey, please share! One can't have too many recipes...

No comments: