Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts...

I was going to have today off but another cashier was needed where I work so I picked up an 8 hour shift for today. That's a long shift for me but since I'm only scheduled for 29 hours this week I can use the extra money. I didn't realize it until after I clocked out but the 5 hours and 22 minutes I worked yesterday were time and a half! Wooo, go me, more extra money!

We had our brisket and red beans and rice for supper last night and it was tasty, indeed. Since I'll be at work at dinner time tonight, the man person will more than likely have a brisket sandwich or some similar, easy to make meal. I think I'll stir fry some green pepper and onion, roll it with chopped brisket in a low carb tortilla, wrap it all in foil, and take it to work for my lunch. That and a nice big glass of tea sure sound good. It's been hot lately and the tea is refreshing and the brisket roll up should be fairly light eating.

Speaking of eating light, I noticed that yesterday Scribbit posted a great sounding lemon bar recipe. Now I'm not much of a lemon bar fan (I prefer date nut bars) but the man person likes lemon bars, the recipe sure sounds good, and the picture looks great! I think I need to bookmark that or save the recipe to try when I have an oven. In the meantime I settle for desserts that can be made in a slow cooker and I add recipes for others to my collection of dessert recipes for 'some day'...

Okay, time to make breakfast and think about getting the day started. Peace!

3 comments:

Scribbit said...

Well thanks for mentioning it--I had a hard time not eating the whole pan of them myself :)

Bobbisox said...

Oooh, date nut bars? Recipe posting someday?? Love lemon bars too, of course. Love date stuff maybe more, and I live in California where date shakes are popular.

CookinsForMe said...

Scribbit, you're welcome! And bobbisox, I'll post the date bar recipe soon. It's a keeper! Date shakes? Who'd a thunk it??