Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday dinner - Beef and Cheese Rollups

I didn't get off work until 2 hours past my scheduled time and am tired this afternoon. I really didn't feel like cooking a lot but was hungry and came up with something quick and very tasty.

I used some of the Carne Picada from Wal-Mart in tonight's dinner. I dumped it all into the electric skillet in about 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, added some sliced onion, salt, pepper, and chopped garlic, and browned it well. When the meat was cooked, I removed half of it to the freezer for later this week. The other half still in the skillet I topped with shredded Mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses, a small hand full of each. Then I turned off the skillet, no stirring of the meat and cheese, and let it sit until the cheese melted, about four minutes. I put some on a low carb tortilla, added a little chopped tomato and picante sauce, rolled that puppy up and ate it! It's very good that way - tasty and filling. Black olives and green onions would have made it better but since I'm out of green onions I settled for what I had and was happy to have it. As my sister said earlier today during a phone conversation about her breakfast, "I'll just shut my mouth and eat it and be grateful to have it". Uh huh, that's it!

Anyway, if you come across Carne Picada in your local store, give it a try. It's good stuff!

No comments: