Friday, April 18, 2008

Denise's skillet stuff....

Tonight was another quick and cheap dinner. It's one I've made for so long that I can't remember where I learned about it. Not that it's hard but it isn't something I grew up eating. My kids liked it when they were little and it's very easy to make. I just call it "skillet stuff".

Here's how it's done:

Brown chopped potatoes and green onion in a little olive oil and add some garlic pepper seasoning salt or whatever seasoning you like. When the potatoes are done, add a few slices of smoked sausage (we use beef or turkey) and a can of green beans. Season it a little more if needed and heat through. We usually have it with a tossed salad and now and then a little garlic bread.

I've made it with green peas rather than green beans and have used many seasonings over the years but our favorite is the green beans and garlic pepper seasoning salt.

Tomorrow's dinner is soaking right now - beans! Yes, the humble bean will grace our serving bowls tomorrow night. :)

No comments: