Thursday, April 17, 2008

Chicken & dressing, yum yum!!

I worked til 3:30 this afternoon and today was long and stressful so I didn't want to spend a lot of time cooking. However, we didn't want to eat out, either. So we had chicken and dressing with gravy, carrots, and tossed salad. It was so good!

When I make this I use a box of stuffing mix from Wal-Mart. Not even a name brand, just the Great Value brand. I dump the box of stuffing mix into a large glass bowl, add about 1 1/2 cups water to it, stir a little, and microwave it for about 6 minutes. While that's cooking, I cut into bite sized pieces a medium sized chicken breast or a couple of thighs. When the dressing is cooked I add the chicken and microwave it another three minutes or so until the chicken is hot. Once it's done I just use a fork to kind of fluff it, prepare the gravy and vegetable and voila, dinner is served!

It's quick, it's not too horribly unhealthy, and it's a lot cheaper than eating out...

No comments: