Sunday, July 8, 2007

Slow cooker roast with gravy and vegetables

Beef roast sounded good to me this morning and I just happened to have two of them we got from the local grocery on sale at $2.59 a lb. so I decided to slow cook them both. Part of one was used for tonight's dinner and hopefully I can keep folks from eating the rest of it so I can use it in a day or two. I think I'll make Stovetop Stroganoff with the leftovers. It's so easy and tastes great and is perfect for leftover roast.

I put Cook's Choice Rib Rub and Cook's Choice Gourmet Steak Seasoning on both roasts, browned them in a cast iron skillet then put them in the crock pot with just a little bit of water and some cream of mushroom soup. I also threw in some onion soup mix.

We had some of the very tender and scrumptious roast with brown basmati rice, turnip greens, and broccoli. It was a nice dinner and there's enough roast left for at least one meal, maybe two meals.

I'm almost bored with roast cooked this way, though. I've cooked them this same basic way for over 25 years. How do you cook your beef roast?

No comments: