Monday, June 11, 2007

Not a stew or soup but not just a roast either

I feel much better but not quite up to par. Dinner was good, though. I had a very small boneless arm roast (purchased at $1.09 lb) I cut into bite sized pieces, seasoned with gourmet steak seasoning, and put in the slow cooker. With it, I put raw potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms, and green beans and let it cook on low about 8 hours. I added a can of corn to it 15 minutes before we were ready to eat and let that warm up. We had it with homemade corn bread Rachel made and it was quite good! Not quite soup but not just a plain roast, either. There's one bowl of it left but it will be gone by bedtime tonight, I think.

I really wanted to make my grandmother's apple cake but just didn't feel up to it. Maybe tomorrow. That's the perfect tasty use of the apples I have sitting around. If I do make it, I'll take some pictures and post an entry about it. It's really fantastic and everyone should try it.

No comments: