Thursday, June 21, 2007

Magic meat loaf and way too much rain

It's raining again! This is really getting to be ridiculous! The plants simply can't handle anymore but here it comes. My sister who lives in Dallas lost the tomato plants we'd given her. Too much water for them, we think.

Well, we did get a few goodies from the garden today. We got two large and fat cucumbers, a very small purple bell pepper that's been this size for weeks, two stunted ears of corn and a few small tomatoes. I'm thankful for those, though I'd like more and larger fruit!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dinner tonight was an adapted version of Magic Meatloaf, green beans, and corn. I didn't have the dry soup mix so I used some powdered chicken boullion, garlic, and chopped onion. I made it with 1 lb of ground turkey and 1 lb of ground beef and made sure it was wet enough. Rather than cook it in the slow cooker, I popped it into a 350 oven for about 45 minutes. It was tasty and there's plenty left for lunch tomorrow.

No comments: