Friday, May 18, 2007

Something's wrong with my squash plants

Two of them, anyway. The squash fruit are mushy and almost moldy looking on the end. Here's a picture of a 2 inch long squash I picked just a few minutes ago.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Although I found Squash Bugs on another plant across the yard, I see no evidence of them on the plant that produced this thing. The leaves aren't the best looking, though. They're kind of brownish. Maybe it's Squash Vine Borer. Whatever it is, I need it to go away and fast.

I posted a message about it at gardenweb.com and included a photo. Maybe someone there can help me identify the issue and I can figure out what to do about it.

How disappointing! I love squash and was looking forward to a nice big harvest of it.

Okay, I just read up on this and it looks as though the squash might not have been pollinated well. I'm going to see what else I can learn about that.

No comments: