Saturday, September 8, 2012

Food boredom be gone!

I get bored with my food fairly easily. I don't think it's because I eat low carb most of the time so much as I'm often tired when I get home from work and don't feel like cooking much so I eat stir fried vegetables or eggs and veggie bacon. Again. That's great for the blood sugar but it gets a bit old for the taste buds, you know? So when I saw the picture and recipe for Loaded Roasted Cauliflower Salad on my favorite blog, I knew it was a must try.

Since I don't work today, I made it this morning. I didn't have quite six cups of cauliflower but the recipe turned out just fine with almost five cups. And since I didn't have chives I added a bit of onion powder. Oh, I also forgot that some of the bacon was to be used to top the dish so it was all stirred in. And I used a blend of several cheeses rather than just cheddar. It turned out fantastic, even with my changes, and there's enough left for me to enjoy it again several times. For me, it needs a little more zip but I'm not sure yet what that zip is.


I'll definitely make this again and probably play with it a few times before I hit on just the right combination that makes it absolutely perfect for me. I think some colorful bell pepper would be a nice addition but that remains to be seen.

If you make this, let me know what you think and stop by Your Lighter Side to let Jamie know what you think, too.


No comments: