Friday, August 17, 2012

Has it really been 8 months since I posted an entry?

Yes, it has been. Wow. I'm not sure why it's been so long except I've been busy with work and life in general. I've been at my current job for almost five years and although I really like it most of the time, sometimes I look for for a new job. I've even been on a few interviews and have had job offers but something keeps me where I am. Fear of change, perhaps. After all, I'm comfortable with what I do now. I think I could do it in my sleep. But I'm starting to think I'm too comfortable with it. I'm beginning to feel stagnant with it, bored, and a bit restless. Yet the thought of leaving is too intimidating for me to seriously consider. Maybe soon.

I've been on a few dates, too. For the most part, the men have been good people. We meet for coffee or dinner and talk, getting to know one another. It doesn't progress, though. Truthfully, they don't interest me. They seem nice enough, perhaps too nice. I know, that probably doesn't make sense unless you're a woman who likes the bad boys! If you are, you know exactly what I mean. But those bad boys, while exciting, aren't really what's best for me and I know that so I avoid them and now and then date a good one,  hoping I'll click with one of them. It hasn't happened yet but it might. In the meantime, I just live my quiet life.

I'm content. I'm happier now than I've been in many years and that's a wonderful thing. Someone asked me recently if I get lonely. Of course I do. Not often but now and then I miss certain things about having a mate. I miss eating dinner with another person, having someone to talk about the day's doings with, having someone to go sightseeing with, and yes, I miss loving someone. I have friends I invite over for dinner and a movie and sometimes we go out stomping around local towns or festivals and that's fun. But it isn't the same as doing it with someone you love. That said, I'll take my quiet and sometimes lonely life over one filled with strife, fear, or resentment. Peace is a valuable commodity and I value and protect mine.

So, yeah...I've not posted in months but I want to try to be better about it. The problem is that I don't have much of interest to say. I mean really, how many pictures of Sammy can y'all enjoy? ;)




No comments: