Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Black Bean and Pepperoni Soup


I had a few things languishing in the fridge and decided to use some of them to make a hearty Black Bean and Pepperoni Soup. I had it with half a deli flat and a small salad and it was a hearty lunch. There's enough left for one or two more servings so later this week I'll remake it into a Tex Mex (sort of) dish. 

Black Bean and Pepperoni Soup

Handful or two of pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni)
3/4 cup of cooked black beans (I used canned)
1/2 to 1 cup of tomatoes (I used plain canned tomatoes)
4 ounces of broth, water, or other liquid
1 Tbsp chopped onion
2 Tablespoons chopped bell pepper
Dash of celery salt
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste

Put the beans and other ingredients in a sauce pan and heat. Add pepperoni and voila, soup! It doesn't get much easier than this. :)

No comments: