Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Simple things...

Today was my day off and I had such a nice day. The weather is cold but that's what heaters, sweaters, jackets, and gloves are for, right? After letting my van warm up well this morning I went to the bank, then by Verizon to gripe about the lemon of a phone I recently got from them (they're sending a new one), then to the laundrymat where I tended to the chore of washing, drying, hanging and folding clothes. I went by Starbucks for an Americano and got a survey receipt so when I got back to the shop I completed the survey and got my authorization code for a free tall drink of my choice. Yummy!

I spent most of the rest of the day doing as little as possible, just enjoying my day off. I did cook a dinner of crustless spinach quiche and instead of making vegetables to go with it, we each had a small piece of the lower carb faux cornbread I made a couple of days ago. There's plenty of quiche and cornbread left so the man person will probably have some for his lunch tomorrow and I'll definitely take some. I'll aim for a no spend day tomorrow so bringing lunch, a small snack, and a drink is a good idea.

Ahhh, the pleasure of simple things in life - a warm van, clean clothes, a free drink, and hearty leftovers for lunch. I can't ask for much more.

1 comment:

Laurie and Bill said...

The simpler things in life are always the best!
Such a coincidence - we had crustless spinach quiche the other night too.
I use your recipe, and we like it!