Thursday, January 1, 2009

A few recipes in my 'have to try this soon' list

I keep a running list of recipes I want to try. The list seems to just get larger as time passes, mainly because I don't get around to trying the recipes. But one of the things I want to work on this month is trying new recipes. I'm tired of the same meals and actually making some of the recipes on my list should help.

Here are some of the recipes on the list:

15 Minute Steak Soft Tacos
Cabbage Roll Meatloaf
Cranberry Scones
Crockpot Cheese and Vegetables
Healthified Lasagna
Meatloaf Casserole

Cheddars Spinach Dip

1 cup half and half
1 cup monterey Jack cheese
8 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces green chili peppers
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeƱo, chopped
10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted, drained, squeezed of excess liquid

Mix all ingredients. Cook at 400 degree for 1/2 hour in serving dish.
Serve with tortillas.

Crockpot Reuben Dip

This delicious and easy five ingredient dip recipe is perfect for a spread for football watchers.

8 oz. cooked corned beef, coarsely chopped
1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, drained, chopped
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing

Mix all ingredients in 1-1/2 - 3 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Stir to combine and scrape down sides. Dip will hold for 2 hours on LOW. Serve with party rye bread slices, pretzels, pickles, and french bread cubes. Serves 10 to 12.

There are a lot of other recipes I want to try but these are just a few. Now, I need to find ways to work those into our menu, even one new recipe every week or two would work.

When you find new recipes do you try them immediately or save them up and work them in later?

3 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

Mostly, I like to try recipes right away! I'm usually very excited to try them, but if I wait, then I'm not always so enthused about some of them later.

Janelle said...

I usually end up holding onto them and eventually working them into my menu plan. I love new recipes, but for some reason, I tend to be slow about trying them. And yet I'll try about anything with leftovers-go figure!! :) I see that you have a "Cheddar's" recipe on your list - have you been there? When we lived in Joplin and I was pregnant with my son, I made my husband take me all the way to Springfield (MO) so I could have a Triple Treat and a Cookie Monster. That was my very favorite restaurant back in the day and I miss it terribly!!

CookinsForMe said...

Laurie, maybe thats part of my problem, I wait to try them then don't really care if I try them or not. Hmmm, something to ponder.

Janelle, you just have a creative sort of food mind, apparently. :)

We have a Cheddar's right by the store where I work. I've only been there twice but both times I had the spinach dip and loved it which is why I want to try the recipe I found. I can't imagine it being as good as what they serve but who knows, it might be!