Monday, December 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - thrifty as always!

Holiday MPM

I subscribe to Mary Hunt's Everyday Cheapskate newsletter and this morning's message really rang true. If you don't subscribe, you can still read the short article. I feel comforted when I look at the economy and the havoc its wreaking and remember that we have a little "money in the bank". Do you?

On to the menu...we caught a nice deal on bone in beef short ribs yesterday so those are on our menu for later this week. I love them with sauerkraut but DH isn't wild about them and absolutely refuses to eat the kraut. He'll eat the ribs broiled and barbecued, though, if they're tender.

I work tonight but most of tonight's dinner is prepared already and I'll finish making it and eat before I go. We'll have leftover boneless beef ribs, green beans, and baked potato.

The rest of the week we'll have, in no particular order:

Jewish chicken, sugar snap peas, and mixed greens

Homemade chicken pot pie with salad and steamed spinach

Scrambled eggs, homemade turkey sausage, and toast

Soup, but I'm not sure what kind yet - more than likely Beef, Barley and Vegetable with homemade whole wheat rolls

Beef short ribs, salad, and green beans

Those meals are all thrifty, easy to make and tasty and that's what we like. :)

For more great menu ideas, check out Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday and add your own meal ideas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks to MPM participants like yourself we have money saving resources. Thank you for sharing them.

Great menu plan. Happy New Year!