Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thrilling Thursday! Just stuff...

I read a great blog entry at Oh My Aching Debts and thought I'd share it with y'all. I don't know if you're guilty of any of these things but I have been. I don't do them anymore (well, not often and not on a large scale) and it's horrifying to think that I ever did any of them as often or as large scale as I did! But it goes to show that we're human and even Dave Ramsey fans like me can fall off the wagon. I really do try to stick with the program and for the most part my man person and I do a great job. But we could always do a better job and we're working toward that.

My youngest son (age 24) is back in town, hopefully permanently. He just got a job working for a local soft drink distributing company. The work is hard and the pay isn't great but it's better than what he made driving a truck and he's home. For that I'm very glad. I think there's some good potential for him with that company and I'm very proud of him for wanting to budget and save money. In light of that, I loaned him Dave's Financial Peace Revisited book. He really needs to read The Total Money Makeover but he's listened to me espouse the glory of Dave and his principles enough that he knows a lot about the basics. He definitely comprehends the envelope system and, in my opinion, that's the place to start.

This morning I see a periodontist. Yuck. My dentist wants to know how much, if any, bone loss I have so off to see this new Doctor I'll go. I have to be at work at 4 this afternoon so I'll have a little time before and after the dental appointment to relax before work.

I haven't had a chance to play with my new toy yet but hope to do that over the weekend. I'm off Saturday so I should have plenty of time that day. I can't decide if I should try cornbread first or something savory like garlic bread. Regardless, I'll post about it here.

No comments: