Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Supper - Lima Beans and Corn Muffins

I'm off work today and spent a good portion of the day relaxing in my recliner catching up on House episodes. It was nice to spend most of the day doing basically nothing.

This evening we went to Wal-Mart to pick up some things and when we returned, I made lima beans and corn muffins. The lima beans turned out exceptionally well and the muffins were good though they were from a mix.

Here's how I made the lima beans:

I just poured a bag of frozen lima beans into a pan of water, added chopped onion and garlic, sliced smoked turkey sausage, a little Knorr's chicken bouillon, and some pepper. I let the beans come to a boil then turned them down to low and let them simmer for about 35 minutes. Right before serving I added just a small sprinkle of Spike seasoning to each bowl. They were very tasty and there's just enough left for my lunch at work tomorrow.

I work tomorrow until 3:30 PM and plan to spend the late afternoon and evening cooking the Jewish Chicken I should have cooked today and doing some other cooking for the coming week.

I need to do a complete food inventory and might do that on Monday. If I do, I'll post it here.

No comments: