Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wednesday Wanderings...

It's about 2 AM and I'm wide awake. I got to sleep at about 11 but had a nightmare and was awakened by it a bit ago. So here I am, checking email and such and hoping to get back to sleep soon.

Last night I cooked two more beef roasts in the pressure cooker. This time I dumped one package of brown gravy mix, a package of onion soup mix, and about 3/4 cup of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce into a 4 cup measuring cup and added enough water to make 2 cups of liquid.

I brought it to pressure and cooked it for 15 minutes, then used the quick release and added a bag of frozen green beans, some carrots and potatoes, and set the PC for another 12 minutes. When it was finished, I used slow release and the resulting beef roast is so very tender and very delicious!

The meat, vegetables, and juice were divided into 2 large freezer bags and I got a small freezer bag of just sauce and vegetables. All of it went into the freezer to be used in the future. I'll use part of it for stew, part to be served over rice, some will be used in a crockpot beef pie, etc. Those two roasts should provide us with at least 12 meals.

Tuesday night dinner was a #9 from Long John Silver's. I didn't get off until 6 and Rod wanted to go out for fish so we did. Ehh, it wasn't frugal or healthy but it sure was good!

Today is a day off for and I got the laundry done yesterday so today I'm going to rest. Dinner will be leftover cheesy chicken pulled from the freezer and used to make chicken and rice that we'll have with a salad and green beans. Yum!

No comments: