Saturday, June 30, 2007

Avocado, Tomato, and Bacon Salad

This is one of my favorite summer salads. It's easy and quick to make, doesn't heat the kitchen, and doesn't call for any off the wall or hard to find ingredients.

I use turkey bacon in it and if I don't have that on hand, I use small chunks of turkey ham. This makes quite a bit of salad so you might want to make half this amount the first time.

2 avocados, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 small onions, cut into strips or chopped (I use a combination of red and green onions)
4 or 5 slices of turkey bacon, fried crisp and crumbled

Mix everything together and let chill thirty minutes to an hour before serving with your favorite dressings.

Now and then I cook a small amount of tri-colored vegetable pasta, drain it and add to the salad before adding the dressing. The pasta makes this salad go farther and also gives it a little ummph!

No comments: